in New Delhi
Three openings available: Research; Design and Communication; Programme Administration
RESEARCH AND PROGRAMME TEAM MEMBER
We are looking for someone who:
_ has an academic background in sociology, social work, political science, anthropology, development studies, management, economics, art design, mass communication, etc
_ can do research (field work as well as library research) on a range of development issues,
_ has a command over English with good oral, writing and documentation skills,
_ has the knowledge and ability to run MS office programmes on the computer and,
_ has an enthusiasm to do more than a ‘job’.
_ can commit to being a team member for a minimum of two years or forever!
Abilities to do training and having organisational capabilities would be an added support, as also spoken and written knowledge of Hindi and any other regional language.
ABOVE ALL, if you are a person with an ability to think and share ideas, a capacity for creation and working in his/ her own space, with initiative and interdependence with other team members…you would enjoy being at our workplace.
CREATIVE AND DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATION TEAM MEMBER
If you are looking for creative work, we are looking for a team member who can:
- think and illustrate ideas by sketching, drawing or painting and take these from creation stage to a print production stage, using computer technology;
- run and maintain our website;
- develop posters, postcards, booklets and other communication materials;
- organise creative programmes;
- undertake documentation in the field;
- systematise information resources in the form of a database and run an information dissemination facility;
- speak and write English (and preferably Hindi/ any regional language).
- operate latest MS office programmes, photoshop, page maker, image editing and other graphic designing programmes;
- do more than a ‘job’.
- commit to being a team member for a minimum of two years or forever!
If you have the above talents and the ability to learn and share together, working in your own and common spaces, with initiative and interdependence with other team members…we think, you would enjoy being at our workplace.
You should be someone with:
- a capacity of hard work and interest in learning new skills
- an attitude that does not treat work by hierarchy of value
- commitment to social issues
- strong inter-personal skills
- english and hindi language skills, alongwith knowledge of computer operations
- capacity to handle daily accounts, filing and administrative tasks
- capacity to network with other organisations and provide programme coordination support
INTERNSHIPS AND SPACES FOR VOLUNTEERING ALSO AVAILABLE ON A SHORT-TERM BASIS!
- Persons who can take initiative and leadership in work would be preferred, women or men.
- Number of years of experience is not important, but we would require a minimum 1 to 2 year commitment as a KRITI team member.
- We respect the work of every team member, so the conditions of work would be suitable from a labour rights perspective. We can offer exciting work and learning opportunities and a monthly financial resource (or salary) that would suitably account for your labour as a team member.
ABOUT US, IN BRIEF
We do research, training and design work, with and for a wide variety of development organisations, from the local to the international level. We run an Information Place and a Film Club as spaces for development information sharing and communication. We document and support people's movements and have recently initiated 'Rightscape' - a students programme on human rights and development perspective building on a regular basis.
We are based in New Delhi, but spend a lot of our time travelling for work.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR WORK THEN you can get in touch with us. Post or email your curriculum vitae and any other information that you would like to share with us. We can then meet and mutually decide if you and us could work together.
Write, call or email at:
KRITI: a development research, praxis and communication team
S-35, Tara Apartments, Alaknanda, New Delhi 19
Tele.: 011-26027845/ 26033088
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com